To Edit an Existing Image
If you have a photo that you’d like to spice up:
- Go to Picmonkey.com and select “Edit a Photo” from the left sidebar.
- When your file window appears, select the photo you’d like to work with.
- Your photo will appear in Picmonkey with a variety of editing options in the left sidebar.
- Start with Basic Edits like cropping, adjusting the exposure, and resizing the image for your needs.
- Move onto fancier changes with Picmonkey’s own Photo Effects. Turn your image into infrared or give it a soft focus.
- For portraits, play with the Touch Up options. Remove blemishes or red eye and add a tan or even whiten teeth!
- Use the Text and Overlay tools to add words or phrases or graphic elements to your image.
- Possible Frames range from a simple black border to a Polaroid style backdrop and Textures give you the opportunity to add an artistic flair to your image.
- Once your image is just how you like it, select Save at the top of the screen. In the left sidebar you’ll have the opportunity to name, assign a file extension to, and select a size for your new masterpiece. Select Save Photo an you’re on your way to becoming a photo editing arteeest!
To Create a Photo Collage
If you have a few photos that you’d like use to create a collage:
- Go to Picmonkey.com and select Create a Collage from the left sidebar.
- Select Upload Photos from the left sidebar.
- When your file window appears, select the first photo you’d like to collage.
- Repeat for as many photos as you’d like to use. The photos will appear in the sidebar as you select them.
- Once all your photos have been uploaded, select the second icon down (three small squares) on the left sidebar. Here you will select a collage layout for your photos. Choose from a simple square format to a layout with many various sized placement options.
- Select Autofill from the top of the screen and all of your photos will be placed within the layout. Or, click and drag each photo from the sidebar into the layout so they are placed exactly where you’d like them.
- Select the third icon down (the paint palette) to personalize your collage. Adjust the spacing between the images, select square or rounded corners, and pick a background color.
- Once your collage is picture perfect, select Save from the top of the screen. In the left sidebar you’ll have the opportunity to name, assign a file extension to, and select a size for your new masterpiece. Share your collage with friends and be on your way to photo editing genius!
Written by Amber Reeves, contributor to Culligan.